- 4 cups self rising flour, plus a little for the work surface
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups cold salted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large whole eggs, plus 1 for brushing
- 1 1/2 cups + 1 tsp. whole buttermilk
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and soda. Cut butter into flour mixture, using a pastry blender until pieces are even and resemble the size of green peas.
- Add eggs to flour mixture, stir with wooden spoon until combines. Stirin 1 1/2 cups of buttermilk until a dough forms a sticky. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut mixture with a 2 3/4 round pastry cutter. Place on sheet pan, with sides touching the pan. Brush top of buscuits with the last beaten egg. Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with your favorite butter, jam or syrup.